All available on Amazon
- Myths to Live By by Joseph Campbell What is the primary mythology by which you live in life? Do you know? This is a broad exploration by the wonderful comparative religion scholar.
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes PhD A wonderful depth psychology/mythology book putting a spotlight on the Archetypal Feminine in Estes’ inimicable fashion. (please excuse the lack of accents!)
- A Blue Fire by James Hillman Musings on Depth Psychology for those with an interest. Beautiful book!
- In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness by Peter Levine PhD
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter Levine PhD This book details what helped Dr. Levine create his Somatic Experiencing training for therapists, one of the “bottom up” approaches to trauma recovery. He is one of the foremost scholars in bottom-up healing of all kinds.
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel Siegel MD
- Parenting From the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive by Daniel Siegel MD and Mary Hartzell MD
- The Power of Showing Up: How Parental Presence Shape How Our Kids Become and How Their Brains Get Wired by Daniel Siegel MD and Tina Payne Bryson PhD
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk
This book was and is still groundbreaking when it comes to understanding “bottom-up” processing in recovering from trauma. Easy to read and inspirational!
- Complex PTSD: From Surviving to Thriving by Pete Walker You may find this book to be eye-opening.
- It Didn’t Start With You by Mark Wolynn Stunning work with worksheets to help you see inherited trauma, your resulting behaviors and beliefs and more importantly, how to change them in yourself.